Monday, September 13, 2010

Risky Business

Risk
The Game of Global Domination

Last night was an evening served up with a heaping helping of male bonding along with a side of global domination.  Risk, it seems, is a game made specifically to appeal to men.  So, it was fitting that it was Kedar who was teaching both of the boys how to play his favorite game.

It must have been gratifying for him to watch as his sons devised a strategy,

"Let's both attack dad and then when he's dead we'll battle each other," Ethan proposed to his brother.    

"Yeah!" Conner's enthusiastic answer was accompanied by a sinister laugh.

This strategy was short lived as their desire to battle was stronger than their determination to beat their dad.  Hungry eyes scanned the board at the beginning of each turn, "Hmmm, now where can I attack?"  Each roll of the dice was followed by exclamations similar to, "Yes!  You're dead!" and, "Ha! Ha! I totally wiped you out!!"  My dismay grew as before my eyes my innocent children were transformed into battle hungry generals.

In the end Kedar's methodical attacks turned out to be the better approach to the boys' haphazard battle-with-anything-they-could-see tactic.  When all that was left were smoldering remains and plastic soldiers lying lifelessly on the game board, Ethan turned to me and asked in an innocent voice, his big brown eyes opened wide, "Mom, will you play this game with us tomorrow?"

"We'll see, buddy," was my reluctant answer.

3 comments:

Becky said...

The same thing has happened at our house. It was kinda ugly. But dad was so proud. Another generation of Risk players begins...

Christy said...

So funny!

Paige said...

I think I need to buy risk for my boys...all 4 of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...