Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Serious Condition

I recently took a health questionnaire over the phone for our insurance company.  Here's a snippet of the conversation:

Survey Conductor- Have you been hospitalized in the last five years?
Me- Well, I had a baby.  Does that count?

SC- Yes.
Me- Oh, okay.  Then, yes, I have been hospitalized in the last five years.

SC- What symptoms were you experiencing that prompted you to visit the doctor?
Me- Ummm...  I thought I might be pregnant.

SC- What was the diagnosis? 
Me-  (pause...)  That I was going to have a baby.

SC- What is the name of the physician who treated you for this condition?
Me- (starting to think this was getting ridiculous I gave my doctor's information)

SC- What treatments were recommended for this condition?
Me- (snickering a little) To have the baby.

SC- What was the date that you were last treated for this condition?
Me-  (seriously?)  On my daughter's birthday.

SC- Have there been any follow up treatments that you have not completed with regards to this condition?
Me- Uh.  No.

4 comments:

The Harry Herald said...

Super funny! I love this.

Becky said...

Nice. Insurance companies at their finest. Gotta love 'em. :)

Paige said...

Oh my gosh! What a horrifying condition! I'm so glad you survived!!

Kelly Sparrow said...

I actually laughed out loud. Too funny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...