Friday, July 16, 2010

The Beast

Laundry is a beast; a stained, stinky, sneaky monster.  It waits patiently, quietly in the darkest corners to be discovered.  Fear of its terrible tactics haunt me; unrelenting, ever-expanding, never showing mercy. 

Day after day I battle with my tireless nemesis, never gaining the winning advantage.  Victory is just out of reach and when, at last, it seems within my grasp the beast rears its ugly head again; soiled-sock-teeth bared menacingly.    

The endless, circular cycle gnaws at my resolve.  Beady-button-eyes glare at me through the sides of the laundry basket; taunting me, teasing me, daring me to start the fight afresh.        


I found this writing prompt here. "What household chore do you like the least?  Write about why it is your least favorite and how it makes you feel."  Now go put your hatred for ironing, vacuuming or whatever chore you can't stand down on paper!

4 comments:

Mindy Stephenson said...

I agree

Paige said...

Amen sister! Amen and Amen!

Becky said...

Very well said and written!

Christy said...

I can totally relate to this one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...