Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Self-Discovery

There are some things a person can only learn by turning inward.  By asking yourself (or myself) the important questions (What makes me tick?  What do I believe?  What are my strengths and what are my weaknesses?) and then thoughtfully and honestly answering them, a person can make new discoveries about themselves.  The answers to these questions can give a person insight into who they really are.  

Having said that, I recently learned that a person can also learn new things about themselves by looking on the outside too.  Naturally, the things you will learn won't be nearly as deep, however, you may still find yourself surprised. For example, there are some things that I never would have discovered about myself had I not taken a few minutes out of my very structured schedule to take this telling self portrait. 


This is what I have learned during this process of self-discovery:

-My lips are much bigger (and pinker) than I realized when I make a kissy face. 

-The edges of my lips get kind of "ruffly" when they are puckered. Exactly eleven ruffles.

I feel like I know myself a little bit better now.

3 comments:

Becky said...

This is why I hate looking at my self portraits. I do the same thing, pick myself apart. You are beautiful- including every one of your lip ruffles!

Christy said...

Anyone who knows you would say the same thing -- You are beautiful inside and out! No need to self-examine!

Paige said...

The problem with self-examination is that it's so....self-y. You didn't list any of the things I would have. 1. Your eyelashes do this super-glamorous sweep to the outside thing. 2. You have a fabulous eye color - brown, but not super-dark. Very unique! Just like you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...