Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Man

I woke up yesterday morning to find that Kedar had gotten up early and made a yummy breakfast of sausage and pancakes.  He took my plate over to the stove and loaded it up with some fluffy pancakes and two sausage patties, then he filled my glass with cool orange juice.  I looked the table over for the syrup, but before I mentioned that I'd like some Kedar slid it across the tabletop to me.  I was enjoying the delicious (not-cereal) breakfast and soon I finished my glass of orange juice,  before I could ask someone to pass the pitcher over, Kedar reached for my glass and filled it for me.  I watched as throughout the meal this pattern was repeated; each time I needed something he anticipated what it was before I said a word and then he took care of it.

This wasn't the first time that I'd noticed this pattern, in fact, yesterday's breakfast was just an example of how completely Kedar can anticipate what I need.  I am grateful to have a husband who makes the effort to do the "little things" to show that he cares for me.  He knows when to step in and lend his help and when to step back and let me have the space that I need to work things out on my own.  I love this man!

Happy Birthday, babe.

3 comments:

Becky said...

So sweet! You are a lucky lady. Happy B-day Kedar!

Christy said...

It truly is the little things that matter most!

The Larrabees said...

Happy Birthday Kedar!!! We hope you had a great day! Hugs from the Texas Larrabees

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...