Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Heredity


Don't be deceived by these angelic faces.  I happen to have the three most determined (and by "determined", I really mean "stubborn") children on the face of the planet.  They also happen to be the three cutest children so, their determination can sometimes catch me off guard. 

I remember calling my mom and trying to explain to her just how difficult dealing with such stubborn children can sometimes be.  Her response was slightly less than sympathetic.

"Hmmm," she reflected with mock sincerity, "I wonder where they could have gotten that stubbornness from?"

I really don't know what she could be referring to.  I mean, really!  

Certainly, she wasn't referring to my childhood and my obstinate refusal to practice the piano even when she hid money in the pages of my piano books.  Of course, she couldn't have been thinking of the clench of my jaw and the resolute silence I would assume when met with opposition to my opinion.  And I'm sure that the whole span of my life from age fourteen to sixteen (okay, maybe eighteen) didn't cross her mind during my complaining.

Maybe she was referring to Kedar.  He can be very stubborn.  Yes, I'm sure that's what she was talking about.

2 comments:

Paige said...

I've known you for years and I second your opinion: It MUST be Kedar!!

Becky said...

Definitely must be Kedar! :) Very cute kids!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...