Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Motivation


Well, I have put it off long enough and now I have some proper motivation to get out of bed and do some running. The Ogden Marathon Relay is coming up in May and I have committed to be on a team. There are 5 legs of the 26.2 mile course, each section ranges in distance from 3.5 miles to 7 miles. We are still working out the details, so I'm not sure which distance I will be doing, but we have to register by the end of the month.

This is actually my favorite way of tricking myself into running. See, I register with a team, then there are 4 other people who are counting on me to do my part, so, I'm pretty much stuck. No backin' out. By the time the race comes, I am enjoying running again and I want to keep it up.

I once heard a woman say that she won't let herself get ready in the morning until she has read her scriptures. It makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one out there who has to trick myself into doing something that I know I should be doing anyway.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Oh you are my hero! I have run one 5k in my life- and now that I know how bad it is, I haven't been able to talk myself into it again. Way to go! You are awesome!

The Larrabees said...

Way to go Kari! I'm sure you are going to do great! I wish I was as motivated about running as you are. I just can't seem to get myself to even start running. I think I'll just stick to Zumba for now :) By the way, thanks for having a blog! I feel like we know what's going on with the fam a lot more :) Miss you guys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...