Thursday, December 17, 2009

Family Pictures


We recently had our family pictures taken. Our last family pictures were taken while I was pregnant with Aubrey. Somehow, I think it's important for every member of a family to be represented in family pictures. We would walk by the old picture hanging on the wall and Aubrey would point to each person and name them, then ask, "Where's Aubrey?"

It was crazy choosing colors, picking out clothes that "coordinated" but weren't too "matchy-matchy," choosing a location and getting everybody ready that morning. But after all of that, we made it to Eden, the location that our photographer recommend, and it was beautiful!

Just what I was hoping for. There were awesome old buildings, this great antique truck and beautiful fall leaves. One of the buildings that we used in some of the pictures was an old blacksmith shop with a huge wooden door that had so much character. There was a year stamped on the door: 1859.
Not only was the location perfect but it was so fun to spend that time together. Our only agenda (besides getting some great family photos, no pressure, right?) was spending time together. We didn't have anywhere else to be, we just enjoyed each other. There were a few moments where the kids were cold or were sick of smiling, actually, by the end I was tired of smiling too, but all in all it was a great day for us as a family. And we got some beautiful and unique pictures.
The only disappointment of the day? We promised the kids that we would stop by the Burger Barn on the way home for dinner. We talked it up all day. We emphasized the HUGE portions and accentuated every detail of the GIANT fries. We told them stories of how my dad used to take my siblings and I there on special occasions and of Kedar and I going there together after we were first married. We got to the parking lot and...it wasn't there. In the place of the legendary Burger Barn was a very ordinary Starbucks Coffee. We had to settle for Sizzler.
Photos by D&T Photo Used with Permission

1 comment:

Becky said...

You are a natural my dear! Oh my gosh! Your family pictures are the cutest things I have seen! I love, love the old truck! And the story about the Burger Barn? Priceless! Very cute!!! Yah, you need to tell everyone about your blog. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...